Monday, January 26, 2015

Australia Day And A Tractor


Good morning.  Here in Australia we are celebrating Australia Day.   It also happens to be my Dad's birthday.  He's very happy with his $50 gift voucher from Tackle World and the card that I gave him which was that last one the ladies made on Saturday in their class.

I saw a card on pinterest that used a fabulous sketch, simple but effective for a male card.
I wanted to use a new stamp from Deep Red called Rusty Tractor.  So I mixed some retired SU papers called Parker's Patterns with Botanical Gazette, added some linen thread, metal bits and bobs and die cut gears....voila....a card that the ladies really liked.  
The metal pieces and die cut pieces were given a rusty look using Copper Gilders Paste by Baroque Art.  Absolutely fabulous stuff.  Love it.  Works a treat on metal and card stock.
I embossed the Not Quite Navy panel with a gears embossing folder and added three screw head brads.  There isn't a greeting on this card because I wanted the ladies to be able to use it for occasions other than birthdays.

Dad looked at the tractor image and said it was a Fordson Major.  I said fair dinkum, I didn't know what sort of tractor it was but that I knew he had never owned one.  He said no, but he'd driven on one that had been converted to rubber tyres.  This particular tractor was used to load the cane onto the lift at Ilbilbie.  It had a wooden platform at the back and standing on that you could operate the clutch and gears.  
It's good to hear some of Dad's memories from time to time especially as he doesn't talk about the past much.  He's always said that it's gone and better get on with things now. 

Have a wonderful day everyone. 
 

1 comment:

Jean McKenzie said...

Excellent masculine themed card! Love the colours and the bits and bobs! How good that your father has driven one of these old tractors. Cane farmers seem to love their tractor collections!