Friday, January 23, 2015

Blue Vintage Springtime

Good morning all.
Here is the next card the ladies will be making on Saturday in their class.  I wanted to use up some of these Vintage Springtime papers which Stampin' Up put out some years ago.  I love them and bought a few packs, but it's time to start using them. lol   I chose the blue papers to make this card which is a case of LeAnne's card here.
Base card is cream linen card stock with the next layer being Baja Breeze which is retired and a great pity.  The pleated ribbon is also SU Baja Breeze.  Among my collection of stamps is a butterfly set by Stamp It.  I purchased these stamps years ago and mounted them but only ever used one.  So out it came and I stamped the greeting with Not Quite Navy ink (yep also retired - sigh) on card stock weight vellum.  This was left to dry overnight to make sure it wouldn't smudge.
  
The large butterfly was done with a base of Baja Breeze stamped with a lace background stamp then die cut.  The top layer of the wings was die cut then embossed using Stampendous Frantage Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel.  I love the colours in this range of enamels....beautiful and vintagey.  I was going to add a sprinkling of enamel to the vellum panel but decided against it. A shabby rose completed the look I wanted.  Another couple of die cut butterflies layered with a pearl and the card was finished.
The whole card came together very well and I'm very happy with the end result.
Many thanks to Jean for her valuable assistance.

We've had lots of rain here and everything is beautiful and green.  Love it.   I was in Mackay yesterday and the rain absolutely bucketed down.  By the time I had finished getting the groceries to the car, I was saturated.  Oh well, the joys of living in the tropics.  lol
Have a wonderful day everyone.
 

2 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

Hasn't this card turned out well!! Glad you are happy with the end result. I just love the Frantaged butterfly with the rose!! Those vintage colours are so pretty!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, boy, I bet they'll love this! I'm not familiar with those Stampin' Up! papers, but they sure are pretty! Nice smallish pattern which is good for cards. Yes, pity those colors are retired. I've always been quite fond of Not Quite Navy. Many of my colors are retired, but what are you going to do? Throw them away? No! I've had to pretty much quit buying colors because I've run out of room to keep them. That is a big beautiful sentiment, and I LOVE the embossing powder! I have a couple similar, but in neutral colors. Gee, I need to emboss more, I think. Anyway, Leigh, it was great to see your pretty card today. Speaking of the weather, we have daffodils blooming already, and weekend temps are expected to reach the 70's. Weird.