Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hanging Calendar

Another friend of mine is having her birthday on the 17th. There is 8 of us that all meet at Jan's place once a month. We craft, talk, have morning tea, celebrate each other's birthdays and also laugh.
It was my turn yesterday and because we won't be meeting again before Heather's birthday, we celebrated Heather's birthday too.
I had a wonderful birthday. Lots of pressies, good wishes and laughs. I'll post a pic in the next couple of days of my goodies.

So for Heather's present I made her a hanging calendar by Kaisercraft. Well as I've said before, I'm not really very good at these Beyond the Page projects but I gave it my best shot.
Heather absolutely loved it and so did the other girls. Restores the confidence a bit when that happens. lol I couldn't get a decent photo at home so I took one at Jan's but Heather insisted that she hide behind her pressie. lol

I used the Flutterby papers by Kaisercraft and the matching brads. The butterflies were cut from one of the papers in the Flutterby set and glued on. The wooden butterfly and flourish are both by Kaisercraft too. The quote too is from one of the Flutterby papers.
They are covered in Opals by Pipedreamink. Flowers are some silk ones out of my stash.
Thanks for looking.

9 comments:

{Sarah Coyle} said...

oh it is great!!

Happy birthday to you and heather!!

Jean McKenzie said...

You most certainly did a wonderful job of this calendar Leigh. Very very pretty - so happy you had a great day with your friends yesterday too!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Leigh: I love this and what a great birthday present. You did an awesome job.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU - I'm glad to hear you had a great one.

Wendy Bonner said...

So cute!! Love the pic of your cockatiel. We have 2!!

Scrapping Julie said...

this is awesome!!!!

Teresa Kline said...

I luv this, awesome job! *~*

Karen said...

Leigh this is just beautiful!
Great job!

Karen

Kylie said...

Hi Leigh,
Stunning calendar, you did a wonderful job!
I'm so glad you had a lovely birthday with you mates, sounds like you had a wonderful day!
Take Care XX

Anonymous said...

First off, happy belated birthday! Sorry I'm so behind that I didn't say so earlier! Also, you really are on a roll with these calendars. I don't know what you are talking about with saying you aren't very good at these projects because your "best shot" is pretty darn good! Very cute!