The below swaps are what I've been up to for the past few weeks in between working etc.
These are the swaps I have made for this year's SU convention in Sydney. Tomorrow I fly out and I'm all packed ready to go.
This card uses Whisper White, Sage Shadow, Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy card stock with gold embossing and Night of Navy stamping. The stamp sets are Pendant Park and Pocket Silhouettes.
Permission to use case this card for a swap came from Donna from Butternut Sage Designs, one very clever lady. I did add another layer to the card in a vague hope of making it a bit different. Sorry about the crooked photo.
Next swap was a card I saw on Selene Kempton's blog and wanted to try it out. Thank you Selene for the tutorial on your blog of how you did the floating ink technique. I used the same colours but changed the stamp and added another layer I think, again in a vague hope of trying to make the card different from the original.
Bordering Blue, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White are the colours used here.
I originally wanted to make a white on white card with the ribbon roses that Petronela showed on her blog but after doing one and working out that I would need 30!!!!, I decided on punched flowers instead. I love the way they turned out, looking a bit like waterlilies. The Very Vanilla was used to do something a little different. Actually I'm very very happy with this card.
The only colour is the Soft Suede used to stamp the wording.
This next swap card again is a case from someone else. I have permission from Carole'Anne Sluchinski to use her design. I had to change a couple of things because the original card used shimmer white card stock and shimmer paint which unfortunately aren't in our Australian catty.
I devised a way of making a similar background using En Francais and baby wiping pretty in pink and green galore ink over the whole piece. It gives it a creamy look with the script faintly showing through. This card was the most time consuming out of all my swaps. I had to watercolour the flower from Bloomin' With Beauty then meticulously cut every one of them out. Believe me, by the time I had cut out the 40 flowers required for these swaps, I was getting pretty expert at it. lol
The colour combination was originally what caught my eye and the different elements used on this card. Thanks Carole'Anne. Pretty in Pink, Green Galore and Basic Black card stock with the greeting stamped on Very Vanilla to complement the creamy gloss background.
I've seen these baby bibs on quite a few blogs now so I can't give credit to actually one person. I do know that Sandy MacIver has them on her blog. I love them and once you get the hang of where to place the card stock on the die to have the fold, they are very quick to make.
Pink Pirouette, Almost Amethyst, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink card stock with coordinating dp, ribbon and buttons were used.
My last swap, yep, once again is a case. With permission from Liane Peden (Canada) I used her design for this swap card. There is an extra layer added, the brushed gold and my sponging is certainly not as good as Liane's. I used the gorgeous black velvet ribbed ribbon out of the Valet Ribbon Originals for these swaps. My placement of the stamp used for the embossing leaves a lot to be desired but anyway I think they will pass. Hope so!!!
Real Red, Basic Black, Brushed Gold card stock with Asian Artistry and Vintage Vogue stamp sets embellished with black brads are the basic components for this card.
I have made some boxes especially for a team swap but I'll post them when I get back. It's a bit of a long story. lol I will say that I am very pleased with the way they turned out.
Thanks for visiting and hope you like my swap cards.