Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Crazy Patchwork Block

Yes, I know this isn't a paper craft project but I thought I would show this block to you all anyway.
The craft group I go to at Ilbilbie is doing a friendship quilt for one of our group who has now left.  Each of us had to do a crazy patchwork block.  This is mine.   I have since embroidered my name on the green stripe piece on the left hand side.  I've used an assortment of fabrics but I especially found that the two packs of Stampin' Up fabric that I had was perfect for this project.  Some of the fabrics had white backgrounds and I did want all cream, so I tea dyed the ones I needed and some of the lace.
When I put the charms on and a couple of buttons, I'll put up another photo of the finished block.
OK, that's it from me. lol
I'll be back sometime with some more cards.
Thanks for visiting. 

1 comment:

Kylie said...

You are so clever, Leigh! Can't wait to see the finished piece! Love all the different patterns on the materials!
I'm hopeless with sewing lol!
Have a great weekend! Take Care,
Hugs,
Kylie X

PS: Thank you I received the new in colour chart, gorgeous colours!!!