Thursday, February 20, 2014

Tuesday Morning Sketches #236

Good afternoon everyone.  Craft retreat last weekend was absolutely wonderful.  I had a fantastic time and I'm sure everyone else did too.  Thanks to Kim for organising, once again, an enjoyable weekend.

Onto the card I'm showing today.   This is one of the class cards the ladies will be making tomorrow.  I took all the ingredients to camp and assembled the card and kits down there.   I used this sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches.   I did add a few elements not on the sketch, like the doiley, seam binding bow and flowers but I'm pleased with the way the card turned out.   

The papers are two different ones, Stampin' Up Fanfare (retired) and Venetian Romance.  The image was sourced from The Graphics Fairy, which is a wonderful place for vintage images.  I stamped the greeting from Stampin' Up's hostess set, Express Yourself directly onto the image after I printed it on Very Vanilla card stock.  The fabric roses are from Stampin' Up's retired Flower Trim.  They were just right for the end of the Pistachio Pudding panel.   Pretty, pretty pink seam binding for the bow and this I purchased at a shop called Daisy Chain Scrapbooks in Nambour while I was away on the weekend.  For the finishing touches, roses and pearls were added in the corners and near the bow.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Keep well.
 

4 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh what a beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful vintage card with all the pretty papers and embellishments. The image is gorgeous, and so is the floral arrangement you added. You are in your element with these vintage cards!

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card Leigh! Lovely papers and colours! hugs, Marlies

Jean McKenzie said...

Love it Leigh! The pearl clusters set it all off and I love how you combined two paper packs!