Saturday, April 19, 2014

For The Bride And Groom

Goodness, I hadn't realised just how long it has been since I posted a card.  Time gets away from one.   It's Easter Saturday here today and after doing some housework jobs, I intend to get down to card making.   I do have an Apple Crumble to make this afternoon but that shouldn't take too long, especially if I do the apples this morning.
On to my card.  This card was an order for a friend of mine.   The wedding card had to be in vintage pinks and cream.   I chose to 'case' this card from an advertisement in the March issue of  Australian Simply Cards.  The advertisement was put in by Fat Cats Card Corner.  When I first saw this advertisement, I immediately rang Kaaren and asked to be sent the dies. lol
I didn't get the flower dies.  I decided that I could use my Wild Orchid Crafts flowers instead.

My base is Stampin Up Blush Blossom (retired) card stock.  I added a layer of Very Vanilla using the Spellbinders Elegant Labels 5" x 7" die set. The next layer is, once again, Blush Blossom, using the next matching die in the set.  I added an extra layer here, using a Label Four or Label Four Small die.   I can't provide a link to the Label Four Small die because they have been discontinued.
Then came the fun part, adding my roses and leaves to make an arrangement that is pleasing to the eye.
The leaves die I used is gorgeous.    It's been a worth while investment because I've used it many times since this card.  It's called Curvy Leaves Die.  
To finish off the card, I added a sumptuous silk bow using silk from Sharon's shop Stamp Simply Ribbon and a greeting on layered banners.

I do apologise for terrible background my card has photographed on but the photo I did have ready for this post wasn't right.  For some reason, the vanilla card stock was white.  So I had to edit another photo, this one.  The photo editing program I was using, has decided not to work anymore.   I'm not computer savvy enough to work out why so I had to use another program.   Methinks it's time for my computer to have an overhaul and perhaps a new photo editing program needs to be purchased.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Hope you like my card.
Happy Easter everyone.
 

4 comments:

Kristie W. said...

The dies are gorgeous as is your card design! Love all the flowers!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, gorgeous! These colors are sweet and beautiful. So sorry about your photo editing or computer problems. I get so frustrated with things like that! I followed your links...I have to quit doing that. There are always soooo many things I see/love/want!

Jean McKenzie said...

Gorgeous! Love all those little roses and those beautiful die cuts layers!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! That is a lot of flowers, and layered beautifully. The dies are wonderful as well. I am sure they will LOVE it!