Saturday, February 7, 2015

Life Is Better In The Summer!!

I have been playing with Kaisercraft's paper range called Sandy Toes.  Love it.   After making two cards, I had some scraps.  I looked at the Deconstructed Sketch #187 and the scraps seemed to fit it perfectly.  So off I went.   The card base is Kraft oops sorry Crumb Cake with a layer of Lost Lagoon which is the perfect colour match to these papers. I added some neutral mesh and a piece of Kaisercraft string for some added interest.  The thongs, starfish, shell and "take me to the beach" are out of the matching collectables.  The sequins and Relax flair are from a package of sea themed goodies from D-lish Scraps.
I mounted the Life is better in the summer oval which is out of the 6 x 6 paper pad onto a scallop die cut out of Lost Lagoon card stock.  All the edges have been sponged with Lost Lagoon.
I think that's it.   I'm really happy with the way this card turned out.  It certainly came together easily.

My next class is a week away so I had better start designing and prepping cards.  I'm trying to keep my life uncluttered this year.  June to the end of last year (2014) was absolutely ridiculous.  I was doing far too much and running myself ragged.  This year I decided to do something for me....in the exercise line.  There was an advertisement for Deep Water Running at the Sarina pool.  So I went for the first lesson on the 13th January.  Well I haven't missed a lesson since.  The classes are twice a week now, Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and I love it.  The pool is local to me, Sarina is only 15/20 mins drive from Koumala.  Usually things are held in Mackay which is 40 miles away..one way and it's not really feasible petrol wise to be travelling in there twice a week.   I'm doing a bit of walking too and I know I've lost weight.  It definitely feels good to be a bit lighter. lol

Thanks for visiting today.
 

2 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

You have done well with this card. Those bits and pieces made up very nicely!!Great words!!

Leslie Miller said...

Again, you aced it! This is perfection! Here it's winter and I'm thinking of summer. Much rain and wind so my walks have been curtailed for the time being. Keep up the good work!