Friday, February 1, 2008

Sketch challenge SCS 161

I made two cards today using the SCS card sketch challenge. Great fun. Used my opals embossing enamels from Pipedreamink and some more of the pearlex and acetate backgrounds I made a few weeks ago. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up Happy Everything.

The opals were a bit of trial and error to get the colour I wanted. Started off with one colour, then changed and used another with a sprinkling of yet another colour. The smaller flower was again originally one colour but has had a top up of another green with a pinch of yellow in the middle. Also I had a bit of an adventure with the completed flower. The little one in the centre was just adhered onto the larger one, but in the course of drying the big flower warped. So I tried to bend it back and the opals cracked. Uh Oh, so back to the heat gun and heated. Had a few cracks to mend so heated it all up and then sprinkled a bit of Sunburst to fix that up. The smaller flower by this time was melting into the bottom layer. I discovered that I didn't mind the look so didn't bother starting all over. Actually I reckon it looks better. lolEdited to say that a friend of mine has given me a few hints and I've since ripped the top horizontal layer and flower (above) off and am going to do something else. Watch this space. lol

This card uses a stamped image coloured with H2O's then cut using my wonderful Nestabilities. Then again another pearlex and acetate background. The stamp is from Stamp It, Rose Bouquet 3424E. The sentiment is from Stampin Up Warmest Regards. The ribbon is from Meg's Garden. I think that's it.


Thanks for looking.



All the comments are wonderful. Thanks everyone.

3 comments:

Lastel said...

Really pretty !

Amy said...

WOW this card is great! I really need to use my cuttlebug more often... I also needed an excuse to buy T H2O's!!

Kylie said...

Very pretty!