Monday, August 9, 2010

Bella Bleu Sympathy

My good friend Robyn lost her Mum last week so I wanted to make a very special sympathy card.
This is the result. I saw a card on Gretchen Barron's blog that seemed just perfect for what I wanted. Thank you Gretchen. I kept to same colours but changed the papers to Bella Bleu from SU and used cardstock to match, Kraft, Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla. The frame is one of a set from ODBD(Our Daily Bread Designs) which I absolutely love. I combined it with a sentiment from a set called Encouraging Words by Stampendous. I've had this set for some years now and found it again while going through my clear stamp sets. I used Not Quite Navy ink for the frame and Vintage Sepia Versafine for the sentiment. The satin ribbon is from Kitchen Sink Stamps and the cream wrinkled ribbon is from my favourite ribbon seller, Sharon at the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.
Thanks for visiting today.

4 comments:

Leonie said...

A lovely card Leigh

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is a perfect sympathy card -- soothing colors and classic pattern -- I just love it!

Jean McKenzie said...

Beautiful soothing colours Leigh and I just love the wording stamp in that elegant frame! Perfect card for Robyn.

Kathy Jones said...

Simply beautiful Leigh!! Love the colours, frame, verse and design. wonderful card!!!