Tuesday, July 26, 2011

More Vintage!!

I became an admirer of Joanne Leddy, Creative Stamping Ideas, when I stumbled across her blog from several sources in my blog hopping around times.
I love the way this lady can mix and match papers, colours, ribbons and embellishments, things that I wouldn't think of putting together, to make a fabulous piece of artwork.
When I saw this card, I thought, wow, fancy putting the black spot with those papers but it works!! 
Here are my attempts to recreate Joanne's card.

My cards have extra layers on them, and use a die cut doily die instead of crochet. In the centre of the flowers are  SU Antique brads.  I did dye the seam binding with So Saffron reinker with a few sprays of pearl glimmer mist.  The hand made flower is liberally coated in pearl glimmer mist...love this stuff.  The cardstock is very vanilla, pale plum (retired) and so saffron.  The so saffron dsp is some that I had put away and I can't even tell you which pack it's from.  Long gone I think.
The images are from a gorgeous vintage set from Crafty Secrets which I stamped onto very vanilla and lightly water coloured with pale plum, so saffron, pear pizzazz and soft suede. I distressed the edges with tea stain ink from the new SU distressing kit. Am loving this kit.
Once again, my sewing machine came into use and overall I'm really happy with the results.

This morning I went to the Tourist Centre to book some cards in and before I could get them into the display racks, one of these cards below had sold.  Great hey?  I was so pleased.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day or what's left of it.
Take care and thanks for visiting my blog.

ETA: I must apologise for the quality of the photos.  I took them at night and the editing program didn't lighten them as much as I thought it would.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Wowww Leigh this is also a gorgeous card dear! Beautiful!!
Hugs Kristel

Jean McKenzie said...

How coincidental that we both decided to make this card on the same day! Only..... I took allll day to get one made LOL! Love your two - so very pretty and that pale plum card goes perfectly with that particular paper.

Jane Norrish said...

Oh Leigh,
Stunning as always, no wonder they get snapped up so fast.
Jane ;-)

Joanne Leddy said...

Oh my ... simply gorgeous! What a beautiful card - you've made it your own. Thanks for sharing your talents with us!