Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Vintage Crafty Secrets Card

Back again.  Last week I received these gorgeous vintage images in the mail from one of my favourite spots to shop...Sharon's Stamp Simply Store.
There are 6 images in a pack and they are all different.  I've also been wanting to try making my own flowers out of crinoline and tulle...like these and these that Linda, the Funkie Junkie makes.
The card that I used for inspiration is this one here by Linda.
There is a mixture of papers here but the cardstock is from Stampin' Up.
A new toy, the doiley die, was a joy to use.
The seam binding, crinoline and tulle were dyed using glimmer mist.
Another thing I've been wanting to try, is machine sewing on my cards so I gave that a go too.
The person it was made for is extremely happy with the result of my work.
Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day.


5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I would be extremely happy too,it's STUNNING and the embellishments are GORGEOUS!!! BTW You had me in stitches with all your questions on your comment.....now to answer them.The buttons are embossed,the brand is cuttlebug and their name "Just My Type" you get 5 strips, all different.The frame is a Spellbinder and is called Scalloped Edge.The flowers around the roses are from my EK Success punch(the large one) and it comes in 3 different sizes it is called Retro Flower punch.The flower and heart buttons were purchased at Spotlight in little packs,not sure of the brand.I hope this helps,isn't it fun when you want something someone else has,happens to me all the time,that's why I never have any money.....lol......Thanks for your well wishes,enjoy your evening.
xx

Christina said...

That is really a gorgeous card Leigh!!
Hugs Kristel

Curt in Indy said...

This is beautiful Leigh! I love the vintage image and your added flowers makes it even more beautiful. But you just had to show a card with sewing on it didn't you!?! LOL Best, Curt

Jean McKenzie said...

Great card Leigh! Love the flower and bow. SO much to look at - pretty!!!

Kylie said...

WOW,
What a STUNNER of a card, Leigh!!!
LOVE your gorgeous flowers and I'm so in love with your bow!
All your elements to your card is simply STUNNING!

Take care,
Kylie X