Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Butterflies And Clock



 My friend Jan request a very special card for her grand daughter's 21st birthday.  It had to be in blue tones.
Once again, issue 42 of Australian Simply Cards came to the rescue.  I've changed a few things on my card but it's the same sketch, papers and die cuts.  There are quite a few cards in this issue that I totally love.
The base card is acetate with a panel of designer paper attached to the back inside so the greeting could be attached.
My clock isn't as good as the original one in the magazine but my excuse is, that it's the first time I've really used crackle paint on something that wasn't for practice.
This card was a joy to make and Jan absolutely loved it.
I'm still recovering from the last lot of cooking I did for my son.  Thirty-nine meals were done and are now in the freezer.  By the end of the session I was forcing myself to keep going to get it finished. lol
Talk about exhausted!!
Enjoy the rest of the day everyone and thanks for visiting my blog
.

8 comments:

Marlies said...

Wauw what a gorgeous card! Very elegant and I love the colour! What a lot of cooking you have been doing, sounds terrible to me, cooking is not my hobby at all! hugs, Marlies

Mary said...

Oh my goodness. Your card is so very beautiful. It made me think of a clock yes, but also fine china. What a wonderful gift this will be. Fantastic creation Leigh!

Jean McKenzie said...

I was about to say the same thing as Mary - this card should be called a gift!! All the work and elements on it - beautiful!! I think you had fun making it all up though. So glad the recipient loved it too!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, how incredibly gorgeous! As if there was any chance she would not love it! Wow!

karen said...

oh wow, ive jus stumbled across you blog and have to say this card is stunning, its so so so pretty in fact words fail me, im sure ill be a regular visitor to see more of your lovely creations.
karen x

Joanne Leddy said...

Oh my goodness ... over the top GORGEOUS! Love this card! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Connie said...

Your work is so outstanding . . .
we miss you . . .
start blogging again.

I do hope that everything is okay in your neck of the woods and that you haven't stop blogging because of illness or anything like that. You have so much talent . . . your cards are amazing.
Have a lovely day, Connie :)

Patricia said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! what a stunning beautiful card, more than card I would say more like a gift. A few of your other followers have said the same.
This is my style of card, off to have another look.

Patricia
patricia-summerhousecrafts.blogspot.com