Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm Back!!!!


 Good Morning everyone.   I hope I have some followers left.   Since my last post which was on the, eeekkk, 30th May, life has definitely got in the way of my blogging.
In early June, Jean, Kerry and I went to the Scrapbooking and Papercraft Convention & Expo in Brisbane.  We had an absolute ball!!!!
There was a fantastic line up of overseas talent at this year's show.
Tim Holtz, Eric & Irina from La La Land, Mike & Jan Marie from Flourishes and Mike from Cheery Lynn dies, were all literally swamped with people.
It was the best show I've ever attended.
Below are two cards that I made in May.  The original design of these cards was actually the top of a box.  I can't remember the name of the lady who made said box but I would like to thank her for the inspiration.

The last photo is my pride and joy, me with Tim Holtz.  Considering the amount of people lining up for photos and to watch his demonstrations, I'm amazed that I actually managed to get a photo with him.
Thanks Tim!!!!

Now that I've started the ball rolling, so to speak, I'll be back with more cards that I've made in the intervening months, tomorrow.
A big thank you to the ladies that emailed me to find out how I was and to ask if I was coming back to blogging.
It's a grey miserable day here at the moment and I have the flu, but I'm staying inside and resting.
Take care everyone,
 


7 comments:

Kylie said...

WooHoo Leigh is back! I've so missed you!!!
Sounds like you had a blast and your cards are stunning, as always and loving the photo with you and Mr Holtz...very jealous lol!
Looking forward to seeing what you have been creating!

Take Care, Hugs,
Kylie X

Carol Willis said...

Lovely to see you back Leigh, and in such good form. Stunning card.
Hugs
Caz x

Leonie said...

Wowzers Leigh, a beautiful card! Welcome back :)

Mary said...

I am so happy to see ou back, you were sooooooo missed. Your card is beautiful and look how wonderful you look standing next to Timmy! Have a most wonderful day!

Marlies said...

Good to see your back Leigh, I had missed you! A lovely photo with Tim and your cards are gorgeous and so elegant!! Hope you soon feel better again. hugs, Marlies

Jean McKenzie said...

Beautiful cards - all those yummy flowers and so nicely arranged. You were busy!! Mario took a great photo of you and Timmy! Guess he knows how to by now LOL!!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

So glad to see you back Leigh !!! I've missed you. I'm so glad to hear you guys had a great time and meeting Tim Holtz (thanks for sharnig the picture) - wow, like Kylie, jealous here :) These cards are absolutely beautiful !!