Friday, August 24, 2012

Purple, Gold, Black.

 I had a request to make two cards, one wedding acceptance and the other, the wedding card.
The stipulation was that the colours had to be purple, gold and black.
Here are the results!!
I can say that the girl who ordered these, was over the moon when she saw them and the bride loved the wedding acceptance.  The wedding is soon, so hope to have feedback on the wedding card then.
I started with a black base, then gold mirror card stock then elegant eggplant.  The acceptance has a Tim Holtz flourish gold embossed on the elegant eggplant with Just Rite letters in the middle.  The wedding card has two Just Rite stamps gold embossed on the elegant eggplant.  The gold leaves are off a huge spray I picked up at my local florist....dear as poison but there's still heaps of it left. I combined the leaves with the black flowers and purple velvet ribbon which I seemed just perfect for this card.  Not too much.

Good news, yesterday, my son rang to say that the insurance people will fix his vehicle.  Oh Happy Day!!!!!
So that is a load off my mind.
Thanks for continuing to visit my blog.
Enjoy your day.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Wow...both cards are beautiful. Very elegant....Thanks for visiting my blog and good luck on the draw...

Jean McKenzie said...

Beautiful! Fantastic designs - love the swirls idea on the RSVP card - very clever you are!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Leigh - these are GORGEOUS !!! Glad to hear your son got good news regarding his car.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card with a stunning colour combo :)

Kylie said...

Your acceptance card and wedding card are both jaw dropping gorgeous!!!
Loving all that gorgeous embossing and the colour combo is yummy, might have to use these colours together lol!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Leslie Miller said...

Pure elegance! I have no doubt they were thrilled with them.