Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sewing Card In Blue

OK, I'm trying to keep up with my blog so here is another card I have made.  This was an order by a friend of mine who wanted something for a lady who is into sewing and all sorts of other crafts.  I'm afraid I used several different cards for inspiration, all gathered from the Pion Design Blog.
The metal corner piece was embossed with Ranger Antiquities Weathered White embossing powder then I rubbed Weathered Wood Distress Paint over it to match the Pion Design papers I used. I think the rest is self explanatory.  The butterfly and spool cards were also cut from Pion Design papers.  I wound DMC embroidery thread around one spool and some pretty lace around the other.  I can't remember where the pins came from originally.  The scissors,sewing machine charms, dress form clip and bling lace are from Live and Love Crafts.  Linda at the The Funkie Junkie Boutique has Pion Design papers in stock.
The card stock I used is Stampin' Up Very Vanilla and Bordering Blue (retired).
Oh, the sketch, well that's something else I can't remember, where I got it from.  So sorry.  If I could remember I would give credit.
I hope you like the card because I really enjoyed making it.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog.
 
Edited to add.  I've remembered where I got a lot of my inspiration for this card from....Thanks Tina.

3 comments:

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, vintage card.
luv
Debby

Marlies said...

A beautiful vintage card with such pretty details! I have this Pion papers as well but still haven't got round to using it. hugs, Marlies

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie! Gorgeous! You sure had all the right stuff to gather up for a sewing-themed card! So vintage and beautiful. It will probably go on display in her sewing room!