Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Big Catch!

Can you see it?   The big fish?? lol  I had a lovely time designing this card because I was having a chuckle all the while.  This card was inspired by a card made Cootje - here.
I used a base of Stampin' Up Early Espresso.  On to that I layered a piece of creek pebble dsp that I purchased while I was away at camp in March.  The image is from Joy Crafts Fishing Fun paper block. I chose this particular image because I felt that it was more of a creek or dam than the ocean and would go with my 'pebbles' well.   The green layer is Wild Wasabi (I think) and the hessian paper is one out of the Kaisercraft Base Coat range.
The woven jute ribbon is from Linda at the Funkie Junkie Boutique.  This jute ribbon is fabulous BUT it is interwoven with nylon, like fishing line so it's a bit of a nuisance to try and fold. The grass die is Impression Obsession and I use it a lot.  The man in the boat silhouette and fish dies are from Joy Crafts.  I die cut the smallest fish out of silver card and added a bling eye.  The fishing 'line' is some hemp twine.  The Big Catch stamp is from one of the matching stamp sets in the Joy Crafts Fishing Fun series.  Unfortunately I cannot purchase the other one. It's mostly in Dutch but I just love some the images and words in it.  Pity.
Last but not least, is my Gone Fishin' sign.....an old stamp by Stylish Images.  Love it.
The ladies in class who made this card were thrilled with it and they had a chuckle too. lol
Thanks for visiting my blog.
 

2 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

This a lovely peaceful scene. The pebbles and hessian papers look so realistic and the grass is perfect! Great card once again!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, what fun! Yes, the image goes perfectly with your pebbles. Such a peaceful scene, not just the image, but the whole card canvas. A super guy card, Leigh!