Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Grandparent card

I had a request from a friend to make her a Grandparent card. I have this Grandparent verse stamp from Verses Rubber Stamps and thought it would be perfect for this card. Then I had to think of what to do with it. lol
Mmmmmm, not knowing whether the baby to be is a boy or a girl, I decided on the Tea Party dsp from SU. I used the matching set Playful Petals to stamp around the Top Note die piece in the colours matching the dsp. Sponged around the edge with Almost Amethyst and cut a backing piece for the top note die in Almost Amethyst. The lace I had in my stash and the pearls are from Kaisercraft.
Mmmmm don't think it needs any more on it, çause I want the verse to be the feature and the rest just to highlight that it is for a baby.
What do you think?

Thanks for looking,

7 comments:

Kerrie's Crafting Corner said...

Awww lovely hun... I see your using your new toy! :)

xxx

Kerrie's Crafting Corner said...

BTW how did you do the larger or smaller shape of the same die?

Jules said...

Hi Leigh

What a beautiful card and I love the verse very much.

You are right - the words are so brilliant they shouldn't be lost.

Love Jules xx

Melissa said...

this is so pretty I love that verse! Great job.

Debbie Pamment said...

LOVE that sentiment!!! Beautiful card Leigh!

Kathy Jones said...

This is gorgeous and you got your hands on a Top Note Die lucky girl!!! Love the paper and pearls too!! :)

Liam said...

Love this card too. Love the top note die as well. I wish I had one of those. Love it.

Liam