Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's Finished!!!

I have finished my scrapbook page that I've been working on since Tuesday. I had the photos stuck down then yesterday at Leah's, I ripped them all up and started again. I wanted to combine CM papers with my SU textured cardstock, so I worked out what colours co-ordinated with the papers and have gone from there. Then there was the texture and embellishments to think about, I didn't want a 'flat' page. The sketch I used is one that Mandy gave as a challenge to a Yahoo group I belong to. It wasn't an easy process by any means but I'm absolutely so happy with my finished page.

I used Circle Circus which I have loved from when I first saw it in the new SU catty and was stoked when I found out it was one of our gift sets at Convention. There are sooooo many uses for this set, in particular, some of the circles lend themselves so well to Oriental cards.
It's All Good from last year was another set that I used as well as Lovely as a Tree. Then there is all the 'metal' eg silver brads, filigree brads, buckle and a clip. Actually the buckle was added as a brain storm whilst talking to my friend Robyn who is a scapbooker from way back. Thanks Rob. That strip of ribbon was looking very bland and was worrying me çause I didn't know what to do with it. lol

After using the CM curvey cutter I have now ordered it. The flowers are Hero Arts and my trusty Martha Stewart branch punch and SU eyelet border punches were used too.
I've left the writing, had to take the photo first.

I had an email from Ngaire Anderson regarding a comment I had made on her blog, telling me that scrapbooking, in her opinion, is not about how good the pages look to everyone else but if those pages hold a memory and you enjoyed doing them, then that is what counts.
So after doing my page, I now agree wholeheartedly.
Thanks Ngaire for your words of wisdom.

Another thing I need practice with is my photography skills. Oh well, perhaps that will come with time.
Thanks for looking and just maybe you may like my page as much as I do myself. lol

13 comments:

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous!!!A beautiful colour combo and love the simplicity of it,it makes your beautiful photos stand out!
xx

Anonymous said...

hi Leigh, I found you on deb Pamment's blog comments. WOW what a gorgeous scrap page this is....the colors just mimic the pictures so nicely. Perfect actually! Glad I found your blog. TFS ~Donna

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Leigh - this is a great page - I love the photos - what a beautiful place to visit. Awesome job !!!

Mandy Schiller said...

Leigh! I love it, love it, love it.! You have done a great job.

Mandyxx

Jean McKenzie said...

Leigh, You know what I think of this page!! Just beautiful and what a great job for your first scrap page! I will show you mine one of these days LOL. I just love how you used the Circle Circus set. I still have reservations about it!

Kathy Jones said...

Wonderful page - great use of colour and the elements are fantastic!!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautiful page - love the whole layout - not too fussy - it lets the pictures shine through!
Feel free to CASE whatever you like from my blog - you don't need to ask!
xXx

Scrapping Julie said...

awesome pages Leigh!!!

Liam said...

I absolutely love your scrapbook page. it is just stunning. I am not a scrapbooker either but you definitely make it tempting. It looks beautiful. I love it. Thanks for sharing. Always inspiring.

Liam

Scrapin Mel said...

keep on scrappin' its so much fun and all the memories last for generations....

Louise said...

Well done Leigh! Nice use of Circle Circus - I love how it looks so different depending on what you do with it!

Looks like a lovely holiday too! :-)
Louise
PS thanks for your kind comments on my blog as well!

Karen said...

Absolutely a beautiful page!

Karen

Sam said...

Hi Leigh,

I love these scrap pages of Cockington Green...they are very cute.

The CM curvy cutter is cool. I have one of the older style ones....I should get it out and use it more often!!

Best wishes,
Sam.