Thursday, September 2, 2010

One for the Fabric Collector!!

One of my friends had her 60th birthday a few weeks ago. Jan is into patchwork, quilting, stitcheries, you get the idea. Actually all the things I loved until I started papercrafting.
So here is the card I made especially for Jan. I used Cosmo Cricket papers called Material Girl which are perfect for sewing friends. The stamps I bought in Brisbane at the June show. I think they are by Darcy. Can't find them at the moment çause I'm pretty sure they are underneath the pile of stuff on my table.
Things are been very chaotic here the last week or so, I'm over the bug but am trying to help my son find an apprenticeship or job which is causing a bit of grief. It's certainly not easy nowadays.
He's been accepted into a full time Cert 2 Construction course at TAFE which could lead to something for him. So for the rest of this year he's finished with high school and I'm so hoping that he won't have to go back to grade 12 next year.
Thanks for visiting and your patience with my spasmodic posting.

12 comments:

Lynette said...

Great card, and what a great sentiment! I assume there is one for stamps, too! LOL!

Unknown said...

A gorgeous card - she will love it I am sure! Good luck to your son in looking for an apprenticeship and with his course...I know what it is like to be looking for a job...you have to be extremely resilient and persistent. Not fun!
Alicia xx

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Oh, what a great card - I just love that image and your friend is going to love it. I hope Dean finds something soon and things work out for him. ~~hugs~~ Janet

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous and so perfect for your friend.
luv
Debby

Jean McKenzie said...

Love it all Leigh! The paper, image, sketch, charm - and the sentiment just tops it all off!!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Hi Leigh! I adore this card! Your friend will definitely love it. The details you put into your artwork is beautiful!

I understand the job search frustration these days. Even on this side of the pond it difficult. Good luck to your son and the apprenticeship. Construction is an awesome field to working though.

Hugs!
Jennifer

Mary said...

What a great card....I'm camping this weekend with a quilter...she says your card is very, very true...and she loves the "fabric". I told her that paper crafters are equally good at hiding thing! Best to your son...mine is going through the same process....I agree with Alicia, not fun! Tell him to hang in there!

Cheryl said...

Oh beautiful papers and colours and love that image......everything fits perfectly together!!!
xx

Christina said...

That's a great card Leigh! Really cute!
Hugs Kristel

Kathy Jones said...

Hey Leigh! This is a fab card for the fabric lover - perfect paper and image!!!! Good luck for your son - I really hope that something works out for him!

Beate said...

Leigh, your card looks wonderful! I was a quilter and a serious fabric collector before I turned into a stamper.
Hugs and smiles

Mandy Schiller said...

Leigh, I was also a quilter and fabric collector before I became a stamper as well. I love your card its really cute. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Mandyxx