Saturday, February 26, 2011

Horses!

I went up to Sarina this morning to the hairdressers and while I there I was asked to make a male card for a bloke who is into horses. Nardia needed it by Tuesday and as I'm going away on Monday to Toowoomba, it had to be done today. So I came home and got straight into it. Fortunately I knew what the stamp set and the main paper would be, just had to match them up with cardstock.

I used a base of SU black, then Soft Suede with a layer of River Rock neutrals dsp. A circle of Soft Suede neutrals dsp went on top of that. The dp I pulled out of my stash was my main focal point with the horses so I layered it with River Rock and Black for the panel. Then I stamped the horses with black versafine on Confetti White. The Whisper White was too stark. I sponged around the edges with Soft Suede and layered it with the Black and Soft Suede.
The original sketch I used was a square one and had the image panel centred, but by the time I was finished, the card looked nothing like that sketch I'm afraid.
I was toying with the idea of using a circle of string or something similar for an embellishment but came across some flat black leather thonging that was in my stash and thought..perfect. So the leather with the black brads finished off my male horse card nicely I reckon.

The card has now been delivered and Nardia is very happy with it.
Hope everyone is enjoying their day or night as the case may be.
Thanks for visiting.

10 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

Leigh, your card is just perfect for a male who loves horses! The papers match perfectly and it is a really nice sketch. Love the thonging - again ideal for a man!

Curt in Indy said...

I LOVE this card Leigh! Those horses are beautiful! The paper that you paired it with is just perfect. What a great job you did on this. Wow! Best, Curt

Christina said...

That is a wonderful card Leigh!
Hugs Kristel

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Leigh this is just FABULOUS - love your choice of layout and DPs - works sooo well.
Sorry I've been MIA lately - sometimes life gets in the way of blogging!
xXx

Cindy Haffner said...

Love this Leigh!!

Unknown said...

Perfect card! I bet they were very happy with it.
Alicia xx

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Wow - what a fantastic masculine card! The dp is just perfect with the horses.

Leslie Miller said...

It's a perfect card for a man! I love the black and suede combo, and the papers match up beautifully. Nice job, Leigh!

Mandy Schiller said...

Wow, Love this card Leigh. Hope you have been well. I have been MIA in the blogging world for ages now. I might get back to it one day RL is just getting in the way. Hope to catch up with you in May.....

Mandyxx

Kathy Jones said...

Another fantastic design! The horses are great and love the colours you've used!