Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jazmyne for The Sweet Stop sketch.

I've had this gorgeous paper since I went to a craft camp at Mt Tamborine last year. When I first saw it, I knew I just had to have it. I think the shop had the whole line at the time but I liked the glitter stripe and the glitter floral the best. Just recently I was shopping online and found these absolutely gorgeous velvet flowers. As soon as I saw them, I thought, they would go fabulously with these papers, so I purchased them too. lol
Well as you can see, they do match really well.

Yes, I realise you are probably sick of seeing these calendar easel cards but I've enjoyed making them and do have a few more calendars left to use up. This one uses The Sweet Stop sketch 95.
I dyed the seam binding myself with glimmer mist. I'm just not sure whether I'm using this seam binding the correct way. To my mind, the loops etc should be a bit messy but I just can't seem to get it that way. A very kind friend sent me the gorgeous glimmer brads from Stampin' Up, they are just the right purple for the papers. Yummy.

This was posted on Friday to Jean so I hope it has got to her safely.

Thanks once again for visiting my blog.

4 comments:

Liam said...

Those flowers look great with the paper. Fantastic selection. They look wonderful together. Love those easels. They are so addictive. Beautiful job.

Liam

Jean McKenzie said...

Well I have my card now and it is even more gorgeous IRL!! Beautiful and glittery and PURPLE!!! Love it Leigh and big thank yous for it. Right now it has pride of place on the table!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I love the velvet flowers! I feel a swoon coming on... Gorgeous, Leigh!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is beautiful, fabulous colours.
luv
Debby