Thursday, January 12, 2012

Beau Chateau Doily

I've had this card in the making for some months.  I just couldn't get it finished.  Today I was determined that it had to be done.  The seam binding is hand dyed and the doily stamp has been embossed with ink sponged over the top.  I cut the top layer of the butterfly out of the same embossed piece of card stock.  The dsp is Beau Chateau.  A pearl flourish and a sentiment finished it off.  I hope it looks ok, I'm still not too sure about it.

We've had thunder here most of the afternoon, but the storm isn't here..over the mountains a bit.  Definitely the weather will break soon because it's been so very hot.

I have been making some other cards and I'll put those up tomorrow.  Off to start on the kitchen so I can get some tea ready.
Thanks for visiting today.

4 comments:

debby4000 said...

Absolutely beautiful Leigh.
luv
Debby

Kathy Jones said...

Beautiful Leigh!!!! Love the beautiful colours and fabulous bow!!

Joanne Leddy said...

Wonderful! I LOVE the layered butterfly - a beautiful combination of color and pattern! Thanks for sharing Leigh!

Unknown said...

I just love this! Pretty pastels with a butterfly...gorgeous!
Alicia xx