Friday, April 1, 2011

4 Crafty Chicks Challenge - A Recipe!!!!

The challenge for this week on 4 Crafty Chicks is a recipe - 1 ribbon, 2 dsp, 3 buttons. I've been working on this card for a day or so and when I saw the recipe challenge, well I couldn't believe it. It was the same as I had been fiddling with. So here it is, in all it's glory.

I saw on Heather Summers blog how she used these designer big buttons, so that's what I decided that would be the focal point of my card, thank you Heather.

As at yesterday, 31st March, this card could have been called, Past, Present and Future. The chocolate chip grosgrain - past, Sweet Summer stamp set - present, buttons and dsp Sweet Stitches - future.

I know this card is not my usual style but the sketch seemed to fit what I wanted to do. The sketch I used was Inspirational Card Sketches 107.

Thanks to the team at 4 Crafty Chicks for the challenge. It's still raining here. Have a good day everyone.



7 comments:

Melissa said...

SO cute, Leigh! I {heart} the buttons for flowers - your card is so clean and simple. Thanks for sharing it with us at the 4 Crafty Chicks!

Georgiana said...

I love how the buttons are your focal point and the sketch fits nicely.

Georgiana

Leslie Miller said...

This looks wonderful! What a great mix of colors on those cute buttons. I love the past, present and future concept.

NanaConnie said...

Wonderful, Leigh! Clean and simple but makes a huge statement! I like it. :-)

Tamie said...

Leigh your card is awesome! I love how you worked your card for the recipe! The past, present and future is awesome! Thanks for sharing yet another wonderful creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. We love seeing what you create each week.

If you like challenges please come join us at:
http://ppc-challenges.blogspot.com/

Cheryl said...

So beautiful,love those buttons!!!
xx

debby4000 said...

Love your button flower card Leigh is fabulous.
luv
Debby