Monday, March 28, 2011

Love Letter Eyelets

This week on 4 Crafty Chicks the challenge is to dig deep, dig real deep in our stash and use eyelets. Mmmm well, I did have to dig deep çause I had never bought Stampin' Up eyelets, by then, I was over eyelets. Well I think I've risen to the challenge. I used a sketch I saw on a challenge by Our Craft Lounge that I really liked.

Once again I've used the Love Letter dsp. For the sentiment I used a stamp from the set Perfect Punches. I stamped the sentiment minus the flourish, cut out the oval, then matted it on black punched with the wide oval punch. Yes, I know it's on an angle but I liked it that way. The sketch just had a button on it but I tried it and didn't like it. So the bow with button got the tick of approval. Light Riding Hood Red sponging around the Eiffel Tower panel and the sentiment oval blended the colours in a bit better rather than stark vanilla on black or red.

That's it I think. Yes, two posts in one day but tomorrow is out for crafting. I have to go to town in the morning then work in the afternoon.

It's been raining all day here and I mean rain not drizzle, real wet season rain. It was the same yesterday and Saturday was a bit grey too. They reckon it's going to continue for a few days yet. Oh dear, paddling around the slush of the back yard....yuck. Can't do anything about it though and I would rather rain than drought. Thanks for visiting and hope you like my card.


6 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

LOVE this Leigh - tres chic!
xXx

Lori Turner said...

Wow Leigh! This card has definite wow factor - I love it! :) These just happen to be my fav colors too :)

Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks :)

Tamie said...

You do amazing cards with this stamp set. I love the use of the eyelets. A few of us had to dig deep, I was one...LOL. why did we put them away hey. It looks great thanks for playing along with our eyelet challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, how interesting! I've been thinking about how nobody uses eyelets anymore, but I still like them and have lots! I used some on a card the other day. I should make more of an effort. Your beautifully designed card may give me that extra push. Thanks for the inspiration, Leigh!

Cindy Haffner said...

WOW this is so PRETTY! I love it!!~

Curt in Indy said...

Exceptional card Leigh! I love the Eiffel Tower image. I've been seeing a lot of stamps with this, and I need to get on the band wagon. It's funny, I never think of my eyelets and I have a ton of them. I think I need to try to use them next time! Thanks for the inspiration! Best, Curt