Monday, March 21, 2011

Love Letter Challenge

The dsp Love Letter from Stampin' Up was one of the new toys I received last week so I just had to get in and use it for this weeks 4 Crafty Chicks sketch challenge. I've had Artistic Etchings since the new catalogue was issued but hadn't used it. For some reason, parts of this card came together well and other parts didn't. I think I'm happy with the end result. Too late now. lol

For the panel on the black punched piece I actually stamped the motif from Artistic Etchings along the dotted lines of a piece of Love Letter dsp. The main image panel background was stamped using En Francais in Riding Hood Red ink, but after I'd stamped off twice. The large oval and decorative label punch has been used for the sentiment with the butterfly out of the Sale-A-Bration set Bliss sitting on the corner. Pearls for the butterfly's flight path, along the stamped motif panel and on the main image panel are from Stampin' Up. Both sentiment and main image have been sponged using Riding Hood Red ink.

Hope you like my card and thanks for visiting.

9 comments:

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card Leigh! Looks amazing!
Hugs Kristel

Leanne said...

Oh wow, love this card, I just got to use this stamp set a class this weekend, great job, love it very much. Awesome! Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks!

debby4000 said...

Beautiful Leigh.
luv
debby

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card, Leigh!!! I might just have to CASE this from you - you rocked our sketch this week and the colors you chose are perfect! WTG!

Lori - 4 Crafty Chicks DT

NanaConnie said...

What an incredible use of the sketch! Great color palette and the image really works for this card layout. Fabulous!

Jean McKenzie said...

Beautiful!!!! Love your idea of the border using the one stamp from that set! That DSP is so yummy - very striking card!

Jean McKenzie said...

Back to say Congratulations Leigh!! A well deserved top pick award!! You did a wonderful job!

Kylie said...

What a gorgeous card, Leigh!
LOVE your colour combo and your design, simply gorgeous!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Tamie said...

Stunning card! I love how you used the colors, paper and stamps for my sketch. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. It is Fabby!