Monday, March 28, 2011

Love Letter for Connie & Mary

I've been following the Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog for some time but this is the first time I've actually entered a card for it. Below is the sketch for this week, CCMC143.


This is the card I came up with for this sketch challenge. I hope it qualifies, çause I've made a square card but kept the essential elements of the sketch still. Well I think I did anyway.


I used Love Letter dsp which at the moment is copping a flogging çause now that I've decided I liked it, I have to use it. Instead of the sentiment in the sketch I've added a flourish from Baroque Motifs, black embossed to give a bit a depth and texture (hmm not that you can see that in the pic). The butterflies are from the Sale-A-Bration set Bliss and the circles they are sitting on were punched out of the motif in Artistic Etchings. I lightly sponged around the edges of the punched scalloped oval and circles with Riding Hood Red ink to take off the starkness a bit. I absolutely love my Well Scripted set and use it a lot. Black satin ribbon, pearls on the bow, butterfly bodies and greeting finished this card off.


I think I've covered everything, hope you like my card and thanks for visiting today.

7 comments:

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card Leigh! Really sweet!
Hugs Kristel

Deb said...

Great card! And I think you did a great job with the sketch! I love the sentiment in the center! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Debbie Henderson said...

Oh so pretty! You qualified very well for the challenge, hope to see you again next week! Thanks for playing at Create with Connie & Mary!

Leslie Miller said...

What a creative use of the sketch, and a gorgeous card! Beautifully scripted sentiment and your embellished bow is fabulous!

Connie said...

Glad you decided to join us this week!!! Love the colors! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Oh...this is just GORGEOUS! Love your variety of elements on this! Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lisa Martz said...

Love it! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!