Thursday, April 17, 2008

My first ever Stampin' Up workshop as a Demo

Today I conducted my first workshop as a SU Demonstator.
We did two make and takes and I showed the ladies how to use the Stamp a ma jig with the Wild Rose stamp set.
This is the first make and take, a calendar. I used So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Blue Bayou, Always Artichoke and Soft Sky. The Label punch was used for the very first time too. The little flower comes from the set Baroque Motifs, the dots are from Sweet Sampler and the Party Time stamp is from a level one hostess set called Party Punch.
Ribbon is the new stitched in colour ribbon in Soft Sky.
Next we did a little box. The pattern is the French Fry box. Using Old Olive as the main cardstock with River Rock and Groovy Guava as accents I think it came out quite well.
The ribbon is Groovy Guava. The scallop punch was used with Old Olive and Groovy Guava behind the Thank you stamp which is from the set Lovely Labels. ( I adore this set, it stamps so well)
The last thing as I said, was using the stamp a ma jig. With Wild Rose as the stamp set, I did this quick and easy picture to illustrate just how easy it is to use this wonderful gadget. Regal Rose and Rose Red were the colours for the flowers and the leaves are Always Artichoke and Mellow Moss.
I can safely say the 8 participants of the workshop enjoyed themselves and the morning was a huge success. Thanks so much for looking.

7 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

Congratulations Leigh on having had such a successful first workshop!! All your planning and work has paid off and now you can look forward to more fun with more workshops! Love the M and Ts and what you did with the Wild Rose set. Those In Colours are to die for aren't they??

Hugssss, J

Debbie M said...

Congrats on your first workshop Leigh - no stopping you now LOL.
Love the things you did at your workshop! Specially looove the colours you have used on the rose - it seems to really jump out of the page!

Debbie M

LISA said...

wow leigh, would love to have been at your demo, with such lovely make and takes.
well done on your first demo:-)
Lily xxxx

Karen said...

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!! These projects are GORGEOUS Leigh!! Well done!!

I can imagine just how much those girls enjoyed themselves!

Congratulations on a VERY successfull workshop - I knew you could do it!

Karen
xo

Nerine .P. said...

How funny Leigh, I was looking at the lovely labels set but couldn't quite squeeze it into the budget for my last order {sigh} maybe next one.

Love your beautiful work and congratulations on your first workshop.

Clare said...

Well done on doing your first workshop Leigh.

I bet everyone who attended thoroughly enjoyed themselves as the make and takes are stunning.

Amy said...

The fry box is so cute and congrats at a great first workshop! Here's to many more Leigh.