Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pocket cards - Trifold and normal

I finished off another baby girl pocket card which I had started yesterday. This one has an embossed panel on the front using the cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. Again I stamped the rabbit and coloured him using SU chalks. Cardstock colours are Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink and Whisper White. Ribbon is Pretty in Pink. Eyelets are Barely Banana and the ink used on the Baby stamp is Pretty in Pink. Sets used are Lovely Labels and A New Little Someone which is sadly retired.
My stock of baby cards at the Tourist centre is really low so I should be making more but I keep wanting to try out different things. I had seen the SCS tutorial on Trifold pocket cards, printed it out even but hadn't done anything, until that is I saw Jean's card.

Using SU Outlaw ds papers, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, Creamy Caramel and Natual Ivory cardstock I concocted this card. I say concocted because it didn't start off with any cardstock at all. That was sort of all added as after thoughts as were the eyelets, punchings and hemp twine. The only stamping on the card is on the insert using a Saleabration set called Lots of Thoughts. The colour of the eyelets is Creamy Caramel and the Hemp Twine is Natural.

I think I'm happy with it but hmmmmm not really sure. Any comments?

Thanks for looking. By the way if anyone wants to take this damm fluey bug and bronchitis off me, they are quite welcome to it.

5 comments:

Kylie said...

Hi Leigh,
I love pocket cards, they are something a bit different! I love your cards and the trifold is great!
Take Care XX

Jean McKenzie said...

Leigh, you are sure having fun with the pocket cards. They all look great and you have tackled the trifold card too - it is really easy isn't it and you can do so many different things with it.

Cheers, Jean

Clare said...

They're gorgeous Leigh. You take care of yourself hun (((hugs)))

Karen said...

I have been TRYING to get to doing one of those trifold cards this week.........maybe today is the day! They really are cool! lol

Karen
xo

Chantelle said...

Lovely cards, Leigh. I am loving the Wanted set, more and more. The trifold pocket cards are fun; I made one last night!!