Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Anybody Home??

Here is my card for the House Mouse Monday Challenge#52 - A Year in Review. It's so long since I participated in the House Mouse challenges. Actually I've missed them. This image cracks me up!!! (pmsl, pun intended). For this challenge, we choose our favourite challenge over the past year and make a new project. I chose to use Challenge#43 which was a sketch.
I didn't put a greeting on my card mainly because I thought it would make a cute baby boy card but could be used for other occassions.
Paper is Kaisercraft and cardstock is Bazzill. I used my nesties for the circle and scallop circle. The ribbon I found when I was rummaging (yep, rummaging being the operative word) in my ribbon box, quite a good match I thought.
I didn't think matching brads would show up on the stripe paper so I added gold pearls by Joycraft, again something else I've had in my stash and is now seeing the light of day.
Image coloured with prisma coloured pencils and solvent.

What do you think? Cute or what? lol
Thanks for the lovely comments on my cards. I love reading them. So appreciated.

14 comments:

Karen said...

That ribbon is lovely Leigh - so nice and bright! Suits the card perfectly!

K
x

Jean McKenzie said...

Another lovely card Leigh. The paper and ribbon match perfectly, a really cute image too which is coloured so very well!! AND love those gold pearls LOL!

Debbie Pamment said...

Such a fun card - and perfect papers to go with the look! How cute is that image!!! So nice to see you trying on your HM crown again - will the lovely Jean be next???? LOL
xXx

scrapperjulia said...

This is a really cute card! Love that image and the bright colors, great card!

Cheryl said...

So cute and love the bright colours!!! I haven't used my House Mouse images in a long time,I need to ink them up!!
xx

Unknown said...

Your card is adorable. I remember doing that sketch. It's really cute. Linda :)

Carolyn Bounds said...

Definitely CUTE!!! I love the fun and vibrant colors in the wonderful DP, and you colored this fabulous image beautifully!! You brought the sketch to life with your precious creation. I love it!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Stacy Morgan said...

This is darling! I like the HM you used, I have not seen this one. Great shading.

Penni said...

Love your House Mouse Card Leigh. The chick is so cute!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Hugs
Penni
X

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is adorable card. Love that you used bright colors! I have this image and it is a favorite of mine.

Dawn B. said...

This is adorable. I love the colors. They are perfect for the image. I almost used this layout...Super job.

Heather said...

Adorable Leigh, and it's so good to have you back - wondered where you'd disappeared to.
Gorgeous colours and papers and you've coloured that image so beautifully.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at HM&F.
hugs Heather xx

sylvia said...

what a sweetie!
hugs sylvia

Janet said...

Very cute. Love the bright colors!!