Thursday, September 17, 2009

Splish, Splash, I was taking a bath!!!

I coloured this House Mouse image last week with the thought of entering the current challenge at the time. Well, I finished colouring him and then couldn't find exactly the sort of dsp I wanted to match the song title I had chosen, which was I'm Gonna Wash That Man (mouse) Right Out Of My Hair from the musical South Pacific. lol

Not sure if I can enter the House Mouse Challenge twice this week but I'll give it a go. I've now thought of another song to match my card, actually finding the Splash ribbon in my ribbon box yesterday when I was rummaging, decided the song. Splish, Splash by Bobby Darin.

I did have trouble finding suitable dsp but finally in the depths of my stash, this paper came to light. It's by Anna Griffin and dated 2004. Just goes to show if you keep something long enough.....The image was a difficult one for me because there is so much empty space in the top left hand corner. Out came one of my Dreamweaver stencils and I embossed the tile effect behind the mouse and on the yellow piece as well. All that space was still bothering me, so I added the small Best Wishes which fitted neatly into one of the 'tiles'. Problem solved.

Kindyglitz was added to the bubbles and water around the soap. The next problem was how to embellish my card, so thinking that the ribbon, image and embossing said it all, I just added silver pearls and a navy blue whale button (keeping with the water theme).
Image coloured with my prismacolour pencils and solvent. Oh and curved rectangle nesties were used on the white and yellow layers. I do feel that the yellow layer is a bit too wide to be a layer if you know what I mean, but that is the next size up in the set.

Oops, sorry for the essay.
Thanks for looking and thanks again for all your wonderful comments.

7 comments:

Scrapping Julie said...

absolutely adorable Leigh.
i love your coloring on the image.

Kylie said...

Your card is soooooooo cute Leigh!
I LOVE everything about your card!
Your colouring is wonderful!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Cheryl said...

So cute,love that image and love the embossing!!!
xx

Heather said...

Another fabulous card Leigh and I just love that image (want it - another on my wish list).
When I think there is too much space round some of the nesties I tape the one I've used for the image to my second colour and trace round the outer edge with a pencil and cut it out so you get one just that bit larger. Hope that makes sense - ask me if it doesn't.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at HM&F.
hugs Heather xx

Pat (mspfd) said...

How fun is this! Love the image!!

Unknown said...

Oh this is so gorgeous, not seen this HM image before, and I love your embossed tiles - great card.

Jan x

Anne said...

Oh, love this image and your colouring is fab