Monday, September 28, 2009

Cheers!!

My cousin asked me to make a 50th male birthday card. The criteria being that he's a male's male. Mmmmm well I tossed up and decided to use this image from Stamp It called Cobbers.
It's great to watercolour, so I used my Lyra watercolour crayons which have been sitting quietly on my table waiting to be used. I stamped the image on watercolour paper with Archival black ink. Then away I went. I'm afraid I'm not good at watercolouring but I think it's turned out ok.

The paper is some that I bought from Sue and Robyn at their new shop, Papercraft Central. Cardstock is Bazzill and I coloured some silver peel off numbers black. Stampin' Up star and large oval punches were used. The Cheers is from the SU set called It's Maori, Mate. Also three of new the Sprinkles, yum yum with some green twill from a SU set and black grosgrain from my stash finished it off. The sketch is Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge 37. Oh, nearly forgot, added white liquid applique to the froth of the beer and heated it to puff it up.

Yep, this is my second post today. Had to show you my new card. Hope you like it.

14 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

This is an excellent card for a male Leigh!! Your watercolouring looks great and I do love how you used the ribbons and the stars. AND the new Sprinkles too!! Yum!!

Leonie said...

Wow Leigh, that is gorgeous, very blokey!

Stacy Morgan said...

LOL Oh this is so fun and a great guy card.

Mary said...

Leigh, Great card. I know my hubby would love it. He's very fond of VB and has his share when visiting our son and family. Great card for men, great layout... Hello from the states, wonderful to have found your work!

Mandy Schiller said...

Great Guy card! Well Done!

Mandyxx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a great image, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Kathy Jones said...

Looks like a male's male card to me Leigh!! Man cards are soooo hard, but you did a great job! Your colouring looks great too - you are too hard on yourself!!

Debbie Pamment said...

What a sensational blokey image!!! Fabulous job Leigh!
xXx

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, so "typical" great job Leigh! LOL

Debbie M said...

I think your colouring is fantastic Leigh! Great male card! Also love the red card is earlier post.

Debbie M

Kylie said...

What a fun blokey card Leigh! LOVE everything about it. Love the froth on the beer and your watercolouring is wonderful!
Loving those sprinkles too lol!
I'm going to have to get this stamp, it would suit most of the males in my family lol!

Have a great weekend Leigh!
Take Care,
Kylie X

Unknown said...

What a great card Leigh. I am sure he will love it! I hope the dust clears away from you soon. Lets hope the rain comes down...we need it!
Alicia xx

Cheryl said...

Fantastic a great card for the fellas!!! I was going to get this image,but chose another instead!!
xx

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Love it - it definitely says manly man !!! I don't know what you're talking about when you say you're not good at water coloring - this is great !!! Love the froth :)

Hope all is well.