Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ready, Set, Go!!

I couldn't resist colouring another House Mouse image today to use for a baby boy card. This is another stamp that amuses me. lol It's those wind up teeth that get me laughing. I made this card for the Crazy 4 Challenges C4C2 sketch for September.

I will admit that it took me a long time to put it together. Getting measurements for the background pieces right was a bit of an effort. Then I couldn't work out how to embellish the card without going to extremes. I wanted to use buttons, bling, photo corners etc but settled for what's there now.
The coloured and boy buttons are from my stash, as are the navy brads and ribbon. I added the bow to soften the card a bit.
DSP is by Kaisercraft. Hope the colouring is ok, I tried to match it to the DSP.

What do you all think - the bright colours can be suitable for a baby boy too can't they?

I'm off to bed now, I think I've caught the bug my son has just had so feeling very fluey.
Thanks for all the wonderful comments on my cards.
Take care everyone.

7 comments:

StampOwl said...

Super cute card, thanks for playing with the C4C

Cindy Haffner said...

Precious, awesome job.

Dawn B. said...

Awww feel better soon. We have so much sickness here. It seems too early for all of that. I love this sweet image. It is perfect for a little boy. I find these larger HM images so hard to create a card with. You did a great job..

Jean McKenzie said...

Another beauty Leigh!! Of course they are great for a baby boy card - very cheery and bright - your colouring is excellent and such a lot you had to do here too!
Hope you don't have the flu and have to go off your roll of cardmaking!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautifully coloured - gorgeous image!!
Sorry to hear you're not feeling the best - hope you feel better ASAP
xXx

Cheryl said...

So cute,love the image and your fab colouring!!!
xx

Curt in Indy said...

Leigh, you card is simply wonderful! I have not seen this HM image, and it makes me laugh too. I love it and I'm going to have to add it to my collection! Your coloring is superb! Great work! Best, Curt