Saturday, September 26, 2009

Red, Red, Red

My girlfriend requested a card for her daughter-in-law and it had to be red. Sarah loves red, soooo this is what I came up with. The gold embossed flourishes are by Stamp It and the Happy Birthday flourish is from their range of stamps called Eden. The flowers are stamped on acetate with red stazon using Victoria's Secrets stamps, cut out and layered with the petals creased and bling added for the centres. Ribbon is from my stash and the corners were punched with an EK Success corner punch. Cardstock is Bazzill and gold Kromecote and I used a shimmer white that I found in my stash.
I'm busy colouring House Mouse images at the moment and doing a bit of tidying. My ribbons are now organised, my House Mouse stamps are now sorted and each one recorded so I don't double up, my stencils are all put away in a storage system and best of all, thanks to Jean's idea, my nesties are all safely stored in a Kaisercraft folder with the appropriate pockets. Fantastic.
My OH has this flu/bug now and of course, being a male, he's sicker than anyone. lol Fortunately I'm on the mend and feeling heaps better.
Thanks for all your good wishes.
Hope all of you are well and thank you so much for commenting on my blog.

6 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is gorgeous! I bet your girlfriend was thrilled with this elegant creation.

Debbie Pamment said...

Love those acetate flowers Leigh - they are stunning, a fabulous RED card!
xXx

Renée said...

This is so pretty! Love the red flowers!

Vixykins said...

Wow thats gorgeous hun!

Jean McKenzie said...

Such a lot of work on this card Leigh. You did a great job of getting a really red card. Love the different accents on it especially the gold embossing and the photo corners!

Kylie said...

WOW Leigh, STUNNING! Love your red acetate flowers and the gold embossing, stunning!!!

Take Care,
Kylie X